Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Obstacles and Risks

I've gone through many obstacles and risks throughout my life. I had a very big decision to make when I had to decide if I wanted to become a nun. There were many risks in doing this. I would never be able to see my friends and family again. There are many diseases in India and a lot of the other places we went, so there was a larger chance we would get ill and die before our natural life span was over. In becoming a nun, I also had to promise my life to God, and that meant no free time to go out and have a party or whatever. However, I must admit, choosing to become a nun was definitely worthwhile.

As I got older and got more involved in my Mission of Charity, I was very busy. I had to run a good orphanage, teach about Christ, help the poor and people in poverty, and do all this while running my missions. It was very stressful, and I got clammy quite often. I got major headaches and cramps. It was especially hard as I got into my old age, but I loved doing all the things I did that I kept pushing on until my death.

I was very fearful, I will admit that. When I taught the teachings of Christ many people laughed at me and spat at my face. Some even threw stones at my fragile, five foot body. I had to pray every time before I had a lesson, for I was so fearful that I would almost refuse to go in and teach. Yet, if I didn't teach these children of God about Christ, then who would? It was my job to do that, and I didn't let my fears get in my way.

motherteresa2.jpg

12 comments:

  1. Hello M.T., it's Edgar Allan Poe. I have been informed that you had quite the hard time deciding to become a nun. I too, had a hard time discovering my future vocation. Becoming an poet was a toughy to work out with my dad. He belived writing was a useless talent, but I said no way, dude! But hey! Look at me now Dad!! I am a world renowned poet and author. You are also famous for doing great things! Peace out.
    With Love,
    Edgar Allan Poe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is not posted by mother teresa, this is posted by another person

      Delete
  2. Nice!Your blog gave me alot of info since we are doing a inquiry project and I need info

    ReplyDelete
  3. very helpful it gn me great info

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very helpful that was nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. stupid this is not a blog to have fun but learn.

      Delete
  6. That is really help it really captured my isence and I really learned alot from this info
    That alot

    ReplyDelete
  7. In school I have to learn about mother teresa, and I am glad for that because she is the best!

    ReplyDelete